Senior Planning & Control staff member
LASER (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and the Environment)
Planning & Control Department
Groningen, the Netherlands
January 31, 2000 - January 14, 2002
- Jointly responsible for forecasts and five year budgets with regards to P&L and fte’s
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for the various subsidies administered in the regional office as well as the P&L statements for the regional office. These reports were used for management information regionally and were also submitted to the national Planning & Control Department in the Hague for consolidation purposes.
- Jointly responsible for the development of benchmarking indicators.
- Responsible for the monthly analysis of productivity per person and per department.
- Supervisor of the time registry system.
- Much time was spent doing ad hoc reporting & investigations at the request of the management team, operative departments, and the accounting department.
- To support the accounting department I regularly reviewed & analyzed the general ledger, audited procedures and calculated the necessary accruals and reserves.
- I was the on-site “super user” with regards to the accounting software (based on Oracle), MS Excel en MS Access.
- LASER used FAS, a custom made financial system based on Oracle.
- Reporting and anlysis was done using MS Excel and MS Access